Don't bother debating with your mates about why Glenfiddich is your favourite Scotch Whisky. Just share these 10 facts to spell it out to them.
1. Glenfiddich is Gaelic for Valley of the Deer
2. William Grant, Glenfiddich founder, his nine children and one stone mason built his Distillery by hand, stone by stone.
3. Glenfiddich is one of the few distilleries to remain entirely family owned.
4. Glenfiddich is the Worlds Most Awarded Single Malt* Scotch Whisky
5. In 1923 with prohibition in full swing, Glenfiddich remained to be one of only six distilleries that operated in Scotland.
6. The late 1950's saw the introduction of on site coppersmiths and a dedicated cooperage - one of the few that remain in distilleries today.
7. 1961 saw the introduction of the iconic triangular shaped bottle!
8. Glenfiddich was the first single malt to be actively promoted outside of Scotland.
9. Cask 834 was filled in 1937. In 2001 the oldest single malt whisky was released - only 61 bottles of this very rare 64-year old whisky.
10. The most expensive single malt sells at auction in honour of Scotland's oldest woman - Janet Sheed Roberts, the last grandchild of William Grant. Only 11 bottles were released globally.